
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility during January's anti-government protests. The men were among four facing execution in a crackdown on unrest.
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility and access an armory during unrest in January, the Mizan news outlet of its judiciary said on Sunday.
The men, identified as Mohammadamin Biglari and Shahin Vahedparast, were among a group of four in the same case who faced execution, according to rights group Amnesty International.
Iran's Supreme Court upheld the sentences for the two defendants who were among "rioters who sought to commit mass murder" by trying to steal weapons and military equipment, the outlet added.
First execution in the case
Last week, Iran executed 18-year-old Amirhossein Hatami, convicted in the same case stemming from nationwide anti-government protests repressed by the Islamic Republic in the biggest crackdown in its history.
In a recent report, Amnesty said 11 men faced a risk of imminent execution for participation in the protests.
They were "subjected to torture and other ill-treatment in detention," before conviction in "grossly unfair trials that relied on forced confessions," it added.
latest_posts
- 1
He walked on the moon in 1972. This is his advice for the Artemis II astronauts. - 2
The most effective method to Involve Handshakes for Compromise and Compromise - 3
Analysis-From 'Icarus bug' to flawed panels: Airbus counts cost of relying on single model - 4
Netflix is releasing a documentary on Elizabeth Smart. What to know about her kidnapping, rescue and where she is now. - 5
Heavy rain, floods kill at least 45 people in Afghanistan, Pakistan
Find Unexpected, yet invaluable treasure Excursion Rentals
Cruising Solo All over the Planet: An Excursion of Self-Disclosure
Exclusive new photos from 'Michael' biopic show Jaafar Jackson as King of Pop
Why boosting production of Venezuela's 'very dense, very sloppy' oil could harm the environment
Bahrain cracks down on dissent as war grinds on
Mussolini's summer villa on Adriatic coast sold for €1.2 million
Vote in favor of your Favored Travel Movement
Newly Identified ‘Lucy’s Hunter’ Was a 15-Foot Crocodile Lurking in Ancient Ethiopia
MEPs urge Commission leaders to stop Russia from returning to the Venice Biennale












